Pizza is a beloved dish, but sometimes you may want to switch up your crust game. Cauliflower crust pizza is a healthy and delicious alternative that can satisfy your pizza cravings without the carb-heavy crust. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy pizza guilt-free while getting in some extra vegetables.
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower head
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Pizza toppings of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it’s rice-sized.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, transfer the cauliflower rice to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, eggs, shredded mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, forming a pizza crust about ½ inch thick. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven and add your desired toppings. Start with tomato sauce and shredded cheese, and then add any additional toppings you like.
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the toppings are cooked to your liking.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Cauliflower crust pizza is a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional pizza crust. It’s an excellent way to incorporate more veggies into your diet while satisfying your pizza cravings. With this recipe, you can customize your pizza with your favorite toppings and enjoy a delicious guilt-free meal.